How Long Will Your Roof Last?
This is one of the first questions we get from our customers at A-1 Roofing. And it only makes sense to want to know how long you’ll have a stable roof over your head! Fortunately, our team can provide the answer according to the material your roof is made of and what kinds of damage it has sustained over the years. Our professional roofing services are available to home and business owners in Aberdeen, Olympia, and Port Orchard, WA. We’d be glad to look at your roof and estimate its projected lifespan. Remember, this isn’t an exact science, and all kinds of factors go into how long your roof will comfortably last!
Average Lifespans by Roofing Type
In general, you can estimate the lifespan of a new roof based on the material. If your roof has been installed by a quality roofing service, you can expect it to last the entirety of the projected lifespan. However, if you choose a less-than-reputable company, it may impact how long your roof will be effective. Here’s what you can expect from each common roofing material:
- Metal: This modern roofing type can last up to 50 years. With proper care, many last even longer! As a bonus, metal roofs require little maintenance and are energy efficient.
- Composite/Asphalt: Composite roofs are the most popular option, but they don’t last as long as metal. You can expect a typical composite roof to last 20 years. But if you’re willing to pay a little extra for quality materials, it could last up to 30 years.
- Flat: Like composite roofs, flat roofing tends to last about 20 years. However, maintenance is easier and safer with a flat roof, and regular inspections can add years to its lifespan.
Watch for These Types of Damage
If your roof is nearing the end of its projected lifespan, it’s doubly important to look for common signs of damage. We recommend having a professional roof inspection at least once a year to make sure there are no serious problems. In between inspections, be sure to look for the following signs of damage and get in touch with A-1 Roofing should you notice any:
- Mildew and mold growth
- Stains in the attic
- Missing or damaged shingles
Call Us for Help When It’s Time to Replace
If your roof is suffering from a bad case of missing shingles, get in touch with A-1 Roofing right away. Your roof likely needs a replacement, and our team can offer prompt local roofing services. We’ll visit your property, evaluate the roof, and get to work on a repair or replacement plan. No matter the scope of the problem, you can count on us to provide quality workmanship and guaranteed results!
Other Services We Offer
We offer an array of services in addition to roofing repairs. The team at A-1 Roofing strives to be the region’s go-to for all your roofing and exterior needs. Whether you only need a small fix or you’re looking to replace all your windows, A-1 Roofing is the team to call. Learn more about our specialized services:
- Residential Roofing: We work with homeowners throughout Aberdeen, Olympia, and Port Orchard, providing top-tier residential roofing services.
- Commercial Roofing: Our commercial roofing services team is second to none. We can complete repairs or take moss prevention measures.
- Mobile Homes: Mobile home roofs need special maintenance. Luckily, our advanced roofing services have you covered!
- Roof Cleaning: Just like anything inside your home, your roof will get dirty over time. Our roof cleaning team can take care of moss and algae growth, keeping your roof in top shape.
- Windows: New windows come with plenty of perks, including increased curb appeal, better energy efficiency, and a boost in home value. Ask A-1 Roofing about your options.
- Siding: Is your siding worn down after years of exposure to the elements? Talk to A-1 Roofing about installing siding from some of the most trusted brands in the industry.
- Gutter Services: Our team is up for all kinds of advanced gutter services. Simply let us know what kind of maintenance or repairs you need, and we’ll get to work.
Contact Our Team Today
Luckily for home and business owners, roofs tend to last a long time. However, that doesn’t mean they don’t require regular maintenance and repairs. A-1 Roofing is here for Western Washington residents whenever they need reliable local roofing services. We know the ins and outs of re-roofing, as well as gutter repair services and installing affordable siding and windows. Get in touch with us and let us know how we can improve your exterior!